Old June 9th 04, 03:35 PM

I had the unpleasant experience of dealing with an ebayed version of this in a
friend's plane last year. I think the DG10 is the converter box, and the DG9 is the
gyro. I'm assuming you meant to use the DG9 gyro as an HSI for the KNS-80, since the
KNS-80 doesn't need a converter. Although Narco's equipment is pretty much
universally regarded as crap, they're kind enough to provide information on their
website (Unlike B/K):
http://www.narco-avionics.com/instal...O10-Pinout.pdf
http://www.narco-avionics.com/instal...GO9-Pinout.pdf

The L/R/U/D/Fud/Flr part shouldn't be that bad. Getting the OBS encoder set
up right might take a bit of thinking (pins 13-17).

Come to think about it, maybe I should try my friend's gyro on my KNS-80. HSI
on the cheap (but the gyros would be a pain to keep up with).

-Cory

Michael wrote:
: Does anyone out there have installation data on the old Dog-10?

: Also, I'm looking at driving one with a KNS-80 (basically the same
: signals as all the other King stuff) and I know it can be done - but I
: don't know how. If anyone out there has any information or a source
: for the installation data, I sure would appreciate it.

: Michael

* The prime directive of Linux: *
* - learn what you don't know, *
* - teach what you do. *