Old February 4th 04, 04:12 AM
Tarver Engineering

"Thomas Schoene" wrote in message
link.net...
Ken Duffey wrote:

Tom,

Unlike the Stars & Stripes - which has a definite 'back-to-front' -
the Union Flag is more subtle.

Take a look at :- http://www.fotw.net/flags/gb.html and you will see
that the red diagonal is not central within the white diagonal - the
top left (next to the flagpole or jackstaff) has the white band wider
at the top.

Flying it upside down - or back to front - would result in the narrow
diagonal being uppermost.

Ken:

That's exactly my point. I believe the flag on this aircraft is not
upside-down, as originally suggested, but back-to-front. Because of the
unique design of the Union Jack, it's impossible to tell which. But

having
it back-to-front actually makes sense, espeically if the UK follows the

same
rule as the US about how to paint flags on vehicles, with the hoist end of
the flag always to the front of the vehicle.

Same as an airliner then.