Old March 3rd 04, 05:53 PM
Judah

Is that the actual sound that the glideslope makes when it goes out?

"dit-dit-dit-dah...kerflouey"

"Michael 182" wrote in

I was commenting on the word - which I now have added to my
vocabulary...

Thanks,
Michael

"Teacherjh" wrote in message
Kerflooey?

Yes. If the glide slope goes kerflooey, you look down for the new
numbers. You only need one - the MDA.

If you have a series of stepdown fixes and you aren't set up to know
when you've passed them, then maybe it's better to go missed than to
scramble. But if what's ahead of you is simple, just grab the MDA and
keep going. If you were on the glide slope, then everything ahead of
you is still clear at that altitude, stepdown or no.

Jose