Old May 19th 05, 01:02 AM
Beav

"Simon Robbins" wrote in message
"Beav" wrote in message
So your club wouldn't let someone who's confined to a wheelchair fly?

Doesn't seem very fair to me and I suspect it's not actually legal
either.

That's a fair point I guess. I'm sure they'd be more than welcome at any
club, so by extension the heli-chair might well be too. Though I can
imagine a lot of able-bodied flyers being cautious of putting themselves
in
an unnecessarily vulnerable position.

I taught my pal (another Steve as it happens) to fly his RC heli, and he's
in a wheelchair. He was no more dangerous than any other guy I've taught
over the last thouand years (I'm getting on now Steve:-)

No-one even notices his chair anymore, so I suppose a heli-chair set-up
would soon be seen as "nothing special" from a rules or fear POV. I've
always fancied building something like the chair myself, but I've not got a
round tuit I can use

--
Beav

Reply to "beavis dot original at ntlworld dot com" (with the obvious
changes)