Old November 23rd 05, 10:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.misc

Default The need for original documents, N-reg aircraft?

"Peter" wrote in message
There are various documents such as the cert of airworthiness, and
(for an N-reg in Europe) the FAA radio license, which some say need to
be carried in original.

Can anyone point to a reference for this? I can't find it in the 2005
FAR/AIM.

I suspect what he means are the AROW documents.

In addition in Europe, you need to have a radio station licence for the
aircraft and a radio operators restricted licence for the pilot. (Especially
in France because the French buggers make a lot of money fining pilots for
incomplete documentation when they operate a radio without an operators
licence.

A copy of a valid certificate of insurance is always useful again to show at
airports which might require evidence of appropriate cover.

Finally the most important document of all is the VAT paid freedom to
circulate certificate. Without this, the French will try and impose VAT on
the plane and stop you flying it away until paid.

I fly an N reg and we have a wallet in the plane with all the documents
needed. For Germany you might also need a noise certificate but that depends
on the age of the plane.

Keep flying......