Old November 12th 06, 12:47 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
redc1c4

Default What happened to this Vulcan?

Peter Hucker wrote:

On Wed, 08 Nov 2006 10:01:52 -0000, Syke wrote:

"DAN" wrote in message
news
Anyone knows the circumstances of this photo?

Looks pretty nasty...

This was a development aircraft, fitted with RR Conway engines, which proved
too powerful for the airframe. It disintegrated during an air display at RAF
Syerston on 14th September 1958. The Vulcan pilot and co-pilot were
provided with ejector seats but the rest of crew had to bale out manually.
In this crash, unfortunately, all crew died.

Vulcan pilot? I thought we only used humans.

a Vulcan would never bail out.....

redc1c4,
who lives with a Trekie. %-)
--
"Enlisted men are stupid, but extremely cunning and sly, and bear
considerable watching."

Army Officer's Guide