Old August 9th 07, 12:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Shiver

Default Helicopter fly-in

In article , Stuart &
Kathryn Fields wrote:

I don't think that that one would work. Even if you just
flew to the putting greens and putted.

Well I'm saying you'd find a big track of land and set up a temporary
golf course.

Some chunk of land out in the boonies where nobody would bother you
during the tournament.

The other idea I yakked about was making arrangements at a real golf
course for the people to fly in by helicopter shoot a round of real
golf and at the end of the game..... fly out.

That's why I said that if a golf course went for it and upwards of a
dozen or more helicopters landed and parked on say the driving range
that it would be the event of the day for the golf course and would
probably generate some media attention.

---------- Place new thought here.

You would obviously have a two or three day event. Well choose a
central, convenient, and practical location that would have events
close by where people could fly to them by helicopter.

Fly in golf game at whatever golf course wanted that unique experience
of having you folks parked on their front lawn.

Young Eagles day where Young Eagles get a chance to go for a ride and
hang out with you guys and gals for the day.

Fly in BBQ and wine tasting (except for the pilots) at a California
Winery...... I'll bet you that some winery would be interested in
having a bunch of helicopters land at their location for a tour and
tasting ( except for the pilots ).

Pick a piece of barren land and get some ham radio operators interested
in setting up hidden little electo foxes that had to be found by the
helicopter pilot and crew.

See what I'm getting at.

A bunch of little oddball things to do as apposed to just parking the
machines for the weekend and hitting the beer tent.

How about a day trip to Catalina Island.... some place like that.

Put together an event where the people flew in by their personal
helicopters.

But also an event where as part of their weekend they would fly to
different events and return at the end of the day (whenever).