Old August 11th 07, 04:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Steve R[_2_]

Default Helicopter fly-in

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message ...
On Tue, 7 Aug 2007 18:13:36 -0500, "Steve R"
wrote:

Someone needs to have a heli-meet in Southern CA... wink, wink,
nudge, nudge..

So what are YOU doing 4 to 6 months from now???? ;-D

Hopefully earning a living at the controls of a helicopter.

How long does it take to set one of these things up anyway?

I would imagine it's quite a bit of work. I've done a couple of 1
night events that required street closings etc and those took about a
month of non-stop phone calls and a lot of paperwork..

I have no idea WHERE I'd find a location.. I wonder if the local RC
club would allow the use of their field....

I'd imagine that depends on the RC field folks. I can think of one that
might jump at the chance and another who's response would probably be, "no
way in hell!" The latter of the two probably doesn't have enough space for
a 100% scale fly-in anyway. ;-)