Old September 24th 18, 04:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kinsell

Default Cambridge 302 Utility

On 09/24/2018 06:41 AM, wrote:
I strongly recommend the USB mod to the 302, and a remote USB port mounted on the instrument panel for easy down loads.

To my knowledge and recollection, the USB mod to the 302 was solely for software upgrades and input. Downloads through the USB port are not possible. I used a serial to Bluetooth adapter, but had to make my own cable.

Don't believe so. The USB mod was just one of those converter chips
connected to RS-232, when the switch was thrown in the correct position.
You had to provide a proper driver in your laptop to make it work.
Really no different than using a converter cable that had a chip built
into it. There were multiple versions of that chip, some of the cables
worked and some didn't.

The OP should remember that Win XP was the current OS when this software
was developed, using an XP laptop with a real RS-232 port would be the
best way to make it work. Maybe a newer OS in compatibility mode could
work, but no guarantees.

There's enough versatility in configuring the 302 through the panel that
I never found the utility program to be essential, and haven't tried to
use it in many years.

-Dave