Old January 26th 04, 07:22 PM
Dennis O'Connor

Ummm, immediately after my post, I decided duh to actaully look at the
AC... Says right in the first paragraph it is strictly advisory in nature,
so you can expect your local FSDO to do as they damned well please - and I
strongly doubt, based on many decades of experience with fsdo's, that it
will carry the slightest weight with the inspectors, who understand that
inspection requirements are what keep them gainfully employed .....
denny
"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
news

Who-hoo....!

Check out the new Advisory Circular. GPS is no longer considered "New
Technology" and simple IFR installs can be completed with no more than
a log entry.... similar to a VHF radio.

http:\\www.aea.net\AC20138A.pdf