Old July 11th 03, 09:23 PM
Jeff Franks

Besides, IFR hoods aren't exactly so rare that I would be desperate to
buy one from Sporty's on the day the charts roll over.

LOL, I thought about that as I typed it....was wishing you had "thrown in"
something to your order that made more sense that you MIGHT someday need in
a hurry

Compare this to another situation on this thread:

| I've been very happy with mypilotstore.com-- they once made good on a
| misunderstanding that was mostly my fault. I've had my chart

subscription
| with them ever since (a year or so).

This is how to handle customer service issues and the result is a loyal,
happy customer. If you can't compete on price (and Sporty's doesn't),
what else do you have to go on?

Agreed. I don't usually do the Sporty's route either. Being that I work
daily in customer service, I just wanted the opportunity to argue with a
"customer" 8^). Right or wrong, they don't appear to be going out of their
way in the slightest to help. That's not a good perception from a customers
point of view.