Old July 11th 03, 10:14 PM
journeyman

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 15:23:36 -0500, Jeff Franks
wrote:

This is how to handle customer service issues and the result is a loyal,
happy customer. If you can't compete on price (and Sporty's doesn't),
what else do you have to go on?

Agreed. I don't usually do the Sporty's route either. Being that I work
daily in customer service, I just wanted the opportunity to argue with a
"customer" 8^). Right or wrong, they don't appear to be going out of their
way in the slightest to help. That's not a good perception from a customers
point of view.

And that boils down to my entire point. It's about how well a company
does exception handling. In software and in customer service, the
bulk of the effort goes into those supposedly rare conditions.

If your solution is to blow of the one unhappy customer, you're also
blowing off that customer's future orders which will go smoothly
on average. Right or wrong, when an exception happens, my expectation
is for them to go the extra mile.

Morris