Old January 28th 06, 02:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Fat Birds

At any rate, the birds seem to have been really chowing down this year. I
have to fill the feeder at least once a week. Some of the birds actually
look fat. Do you think they have to recalculate their performance and W&B
as they bulk up? Will their takeoff runs increase as the weather warms up
and the density altitude rises? Enquiring minds want to know.

Judging by the size of some of their droppings, they must be able to
recompute their W&B while in-flight, too.

Speaking of birds, wow, are the bald eagles everywhere all the sudden.
After rarely seeing them in my life, now we've got 'em just hanging around
the airport, sitting on the beacon tower. I taxied past one the other day
that looked danged-near as big as us.

Wouldn't want to be under one of *their* bomb runs...

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA