Old April 14th 04, 03:12 PM
Bruce Greeff

Carl Buehler wrote:
Hello,

A member of our club who is from Germany is having trouble
getting his LXE-20 to communicate with a desktop and laptop computer.
I have tried to help but do not know much about the LX-20.

He bought his unit in Germany. And suspected it my be the serial port.
Is the serial port from europe different than our American serial port
computers?

Or could this be a software problem? He may have an older version of
software.
I forgot what the name of the software was, but LXE.exe comes to mind.
It almost reminds me of the old MS Dos days. We also have SeeYou
installed on this computer, But it is an older version 1.9?

Any help getting his logger to comunicate to a computer would be
appreciated.

Carl Buehler

N81 works.
Any baud rate you care to set, but the LX20 will only communicate at 19Kb/s.
Make sure your PC has booted completely and has no other device communicating
with the COM port you have selected.
When you load LXe or any other program for that matter, the LX20 does not
automatically communicate. (at least the older ones like mine do not)
You have to press the "read" button - or nothing happens...

Other than that, I have had success with LXE, TaskNAv and LXe. In general
WindowsXP seems to have many problems with serial ports, so that may be your
problem. We have some older software (machine diagnostics) that simply will not
work under XP.