Old August 4th 03, 06:55 AM
BD5ER

Default Ahhhh The joys of home building....

So, one week forward and one week back, plus a weeks worth of work to
get back to where I started. Actually I have gained a lot even though
it looks the same. Learned a bunch too.

Nice to know that I'm not the only one that grand plans that didn't happen. I
planned to skip Oshkosh this year and spend the time and money on my project.
Maybe even get the canard finished..........but some how I forgot to order a
bit of aluminum tube. Needed it to get the gear boxes finished and needed the
gear boxes finished before I could jig up the spar, so the canard parts are
back on the shelf.

At least there is no shortage of things to work on. So out came the hack saw
and I lopped of the back half of the fuselage to get the removable tail mod
done.

Made the attachment tabs, and glassed in the reinforcements. Got the fuselage
all ready to bolt back together, but spent 2 hours looking for the new bolts.
Must have thrown them back in the box they came in with the packing foam. Of
course the box is already part of the local land fill. So now not only is
there no canard glued on up front the fuselage is in 2 pieces. Trying to
explain why I just chopped my plane in half to the assorted confused visitors
also consumed a good deal of time. (they all think I'm nuts anyway and
probably just wanted to make sure I hadn't completly lost it.)

"Next year it flies to Oshkosh". Said that 2 years ago.