Old March 1st 07, 09:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Steven P. McNicoll

Default ATC Handling of Low-Fuel American Flight

"Jim Carter" wrote in message
t...

I believe the closest would have been Love based on the point at which he
mentioned the fuel problem. This has already been addressed in this thread
so I suspect you already knew that Matt.

How does the distance to DFW compare to the distance to DAL from that point?

I'm not condoning what ATC did or how they responded, but like the UK
pilot that continued on single-engine across the pond I wonder why AA
continued on past a suitable airport once they knew they had a problem.
That's all I'm questioning.

He continued on with three engines, not one.