Old September 11th 11, 03:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave[_23_]

Default Cliff Robertson, glider pilot

On Sep 11, 5:50*am, Scott wrote:
On 9-11-2011 03:30, Burt Compton - Marfa wrote:

Cliff Robertson, friend and promoter of soaring.

Sep 10, 2011

Cliff Robertson, the handsome movie actor who played John F. Kennedy
in "PT-109," won an Oscar for "Charly" and was famously victimized in
a 1977 Hollywood forgery scandal, died Saturday. He was 88.

Sad news. *I briefly met him at Oshkosh several years ago. *He came up
to me to ask directions to a forum tent he was scheduled to give a talk
at.....

Blue skies and tailwinds always, Cliff.

Ace

He loved to fly. I was returning to Minden NV after a wave flight
about 25 years ago, when I heard Cliff radioing for a retrieve. He
had just outlanded in an agricultural field on the local prison
property north of Minden. I circled over him to help mark his
position while the guys with the trailer drove out to get him. I
guess even stars are subject to gravity. I always felt he was a
kindred spirit, even though I never met him.

Dave