Old December 16th 05, 10:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default PULSAR III first flight - Caribou, Maine

"firstflight" wrote in message
December 15, 2005
First Flight of Pulsar III Serial # 519
N119HL Jabiru 3300 Sensenich Prop
Northern Maine Regional Airport, Presque Isle, Maine
15 degrees F and 15 mph winds

In two days I have flown my self-built Pulsar III over 2 hours and 9
landings without issue. I LOVE THIS PLANE!!!!

I have the Jabiru 3300 under the hood and it is a MONSTER with this light
airframe (670 empty). I can easily lift off with only 2000 rpm, and
landings are a breeze.

Thanks for all the hundreds of Pulsar builders worldwide who offered
regular email help to get this built! Around 1000 hours and 1 1/2 years
got it done with the quick build wing kit.

This is my second "FIRST FLIGHT" experience in a kit built (Vans RV-9A was
my first) and it is absolutely amazing to leave the earth in something you
built with your own hands. This Pulsar is a beautiful airplane and a
ROCKET with the Jabiru engine. I had her going 170 mph straight and level
at 3000 ft MSL, without the wheel pants.

The Pulsar SP 100 would be my next kit if I was able to do another! HAPPY
Flying all!

www.pulsaraircraft.com

JF

Congratulations, I fly a Taildragger Jabiru here in Oz with a Jab 3300. I
too love the smooth power of this engine.

Regards,