Old May 6th 15, 06:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Flarm range

On Wednesday, May 6, 2015 at 1:07:55 PM UTC-4, Richard wrote:
On Wednesday, May 6, 2015 at 9:14:37 AM UTC-7, Ramy wrote:
There are anecdotal evidence that PowerFlarm range was significantly reduced after the last upgrade. I've seen 50% reduction in range in all directions with the flarm range tool in all my flights after the update when comparing to last year. Perhaps this is coincidence so I wonder if others experience the same as I haven't seen discussion about it. The sooner the flarm folks are aware of it the better.

Ramy

I also have this impression. Last year 4 nm to 9 nm now rarely over 5 nm.

Richard

This seems to me to be more than adequate for the intended purpose as a collision risk warning device.
UH