Old October 11th 06, 03:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jim Burns

Default engine monitor wiring harness install

No need to apologize TC, you're a wealth of info!

No spark plug gasket type CHT's, I've got the bayonet type.

Yes we're talking about the Aztruck.

The cleanest route actually looks like it may be tucked up along the
sump/case joint and lying above the intake tubes. This places the wires a
good distance from all exhaust pipes but makes accessing the wires and
installing the Adel clamps a contortionists worst nightmare... maybe with
the bottom cowl off.

EGT probes look like they will be best installed with tips pointing forward
, probe lead extending aft at a slight outward angle allowing to drill the
holes without dropping the exhaust. This would leave plenty of room for the
covered lead to then turn inward and upward towards the case for securing.

Once I get back to the engine mounts, it's a piece of cake. There are some
notes about not running the leads against the alternator run, but the info
is very limited.

Thanks for your time, it's very much appreciated.

Jim