Old March 16th 19, 03:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net

Default There is a new LXNAV user group on google groups

I am working with Jon St. Cloud, the owner of this LXNav group, to help set it as best as possible during it infancy.

A comment and a question;

First, we'd like to try as much as possible to keep SPAM artists out of the group as sometimes unfortunately infest RAS. SPAM is a tricky word - this is about someone messaging totally off topic - this it not about someone messaging LXNav related stuff that you might disagree with. We believe that all new members should be approved right away, but if they truly are SPAMMING the group their membership should be revoked.

Second, should anyone/everyone be able to view the contents of this new group without first becoming a member? Of course, non-members will not be able to post to the group nor see the membership. This everyone-can-view is the default setting for new Google groups and is currently active for this group. I can think of one reason why this should be true - to allow prospective members that might stumble onto the group to get an idea of what the group is talking about.

What say you? Any other new Google Group best practices?

Thanks, John