Old January 24th 04, 12:33 AM
Tom Sixkiller

"Dude" wrote in message
Tom,

I agree with a lot of what you are saying, and would really like to see

many
of these irresponsible parents get slapped. Especially the ones that had

no
buisiness having kids in the first place.

However, what do you do to keep from punishing the kid for his parents
irresponsibility?

You don;t punish the kid...you punish the parent.

As for the kid, as mentioned there are a lot of programs (such as School
Trusts in the various states), but the problem is dealing with kids that
just don't want to learn. Throwing them into schools only causes enormous
disruptions.

As for me, we made sure all my kids got good _educations_, (not
indoctrinations) so that they could support my wife and I in our old age.