Old November 2nd 06, 01:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

Default How do you find the limits of areas on a chart?

Judah writes:

The sectional depicts the borders very clearly, and it depicts the terrain
surrounding those borders as well as any nearby navigation aids.

Yes, but it provides no directions or dimensions (with a few
exceptions). Am I expected to pull out a protractor and a ruler in
flight to check the chart and see if I really am clear of airspaces I
wish to avoid?

To learn how to read a sectional, I would recommend Whitt's Flying site. It
has very useful and detailed lessons for a student who wants to learn how to
fly. And best of all, it's free.

http://www.whittsflying.com/

I'll try it.