Old January 11th 04, 03:16 AM
BUFDRVR

The weird/stupid part about the waist measurement thing is that they don't
take height into account. If a guy is 5ft 8in tall and has a 32-inch waist
he's good to go. Make the same guy 6ft 6in and I guarantee he won't have a
32-inch waist. The tall guy will lose points in a fitness assessment purely
because he's tall.

I brought this issue up and, according to an exercise physiologist in my
office, height and waistline are not inter-related except in the extremes. In
other words, every guy between 5'-2" and 6'-5" should have the same waistline.
In extreme cases like Shaq at 7'-2" (is he taller than that?), his waist may be
larger, but not greater than 40". Not really an issue for most people I know,
but I was curious.

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"