Old October 18th 17, 05:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default What is your club doing to recruit new contest pilots?

I agree Luke, I belong to a small club (35) with only 2-33's 1-26 and a 1-34, over the past couple of years I have encouraged 1 20yo 2 58yo and 2 65yo to purchase their own glass ships and to start some modest xc. Contests are still a little out of there skill level but I am hopeful and I try to continully invite them to the ASA races as they are a no pressure race venue to get aquainted with rules and procedures. The club ships rarely go xc as there is a 1hour time limit if people are waiting. I try and emphasize the need to get there silver badge most importantly, the 5 hour duration.

CH ASW27 and Ventus B (for sale)