Old July 24th 05, 11:52 AM
Martin Hotze

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 11:56:37 -0700, Sylvain wrote:

the local linguo should suffice; it's up to you to
learn the basics when you visit, learn how to say 'stop
police',

[1]

right after 'where is the bathroom'

*we* don't use a bathroom for _that_ [2]. we use a toilet.
see? we mean the same thing. but there are big cultural differences. And I
suspect that there are many different cultures esp. in London.

#m

[1] it is not uncommon to leave the car when stopped by police, but this is
_here_ ... you might get shot when you do this _there_.
[2] _this_ is so ugly .. one does not speak open about _this_
--
The most likely way for the world to be destroyed,
most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we