Old July 15th 06, 02:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.misc
Michael Ware

Default NY State wants to fingerprint student pilots

"Jürgen Exner" wrote in message
Is this anything new? This has been the case for millions and millions of
people in the USA for several years already. And the irony is that each

and
every one of those millions of people went through a criminal background
check and fingerprinting already and each and every one came out clean.

For
those not required to do the fingerprinting and background check for every
major rating you would not know. It just didn't make any headlines.

jue

PS: In case you don't know what I'm talking about:
http://www.aopa.org/tsa_rule/index.html#clarifications which also applies

LPRs.

Millions and millions? I don't see that many fresh immigrants applying for
flight training.
And of course they all came out clean (as far as you know). Laws only work
for law-abiding citizens.