Old October 4th 17, 11:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Is there a nose hook modification for a standard cirrus

There is a factory mod to fit a nose hook as described in Schempp Hirth TN 278-37.

In terms of why you'd want to, most Std Cirruses have a tailskid - tailskid and belly hook can be a challenging combination.

Nick.

On Thursday, October 5, 2017 at 7:57:58 AM UTC+10:30, wrote:
I bought a standard cirrus. I havent flown it yet, but I was wondering if it's possible to put a nose hook on the plane?