Old August 28th 05, 03:50 PM
BDS

Interesting point about the vertical stabilizer - we have found that when
the wing is being particularly stubborn (almost all the time), having
someone grab the vertical stabilizer and "wiggle" it back and forth will
usually allow the wing to gradually slip into place. I don't like having to
do that though because it seems a little rough - I would like to find a
method that doesn't require this, but that may not be possible.

We have been greasing all of the pins and fittings but it sounds like a
little extra on those 4 fuselage pins wouldn't hurt.

Thanks for the input.

BDS

"HL Falbaum" wrote in message
Our club has a G102 that is a problem to rig unless the following points

are
observed--

1. The vertical stabilized must be absolutely vertical and held that
way--usually by a person but a jig could be made. The person doing this

must
be made aware of the importance of this task, as their attention will

wander
otherwise.
2. The 4 wing pins must be very well greased--if not, they cannot push the
spring "fingers" inside the fuselage fitting aside and the friction will
prevent the insertion of the wing. This is the usual source of difficulty

in
our experience.
3. The "olive" bearings that the pins on the end of the spar must be lined
up before inserting the wing and watched to be kept that way. The rear one
(left wing) is hard to see-often impossible, but keep trying. The right

wing
goes in first so you can see the one you are chasing. Pay attention to
dihedral.

Good luck

--
Hartley Falbaum