Old December 9th 04, 05:02 AM
Guy Alcala

Max Richter wrote:

Hallo,
i know that French;Italian and Japanese airplanes prior and in WW2 had
an opostite throttlemovement than British;American and German airplanes.

I mean that to increase power you had to pull the Throttle backwards and
not forward.
Now i asumed that after WW2 with the availability of surplus British and
American planes to the mentioned countrys this habit was not longer
followed.
Now i read that the French got T28 in the early sixties and modified
them to the COIN-configeration and the reversal of the
throttlequadrantmovement was one of the mentioned modifikations.
Now my question: have Mirages or Rafales or any other airplanes this
oddity also.

I asked an IAF pilot about this some years ago. He'd flown Ouragans, dual
Mirages and Kfirs (the majority of his combat time was in A-4s). He said
they and theVautour all had standard (forward = increased throttle)
movement. The same was presumably true of Mysteres and Super Mysteres, but
hehad npo personal experience.

Guy