Old October 20th 04, 09:49 PM
Peter MacPherson

These are exactly my thoughts. I do this part time because I like to
fly and I like to teach. But at some point all of this nonsense and
hoops you're supposed to jump through will become too much.
Are we supposed to live in fear that we'll get a letter from the TSA/FAA
telling us that we violated some obscure reg and we're now having our
certificates revoked/suspended and also have to pay a fine. I see part time
CFI's just walking away. A real shame.

"Jim Burns" wrote in message
A better question would be "I wonder how many independent CFI's will say
"screw it" and give up instructing. Like myself, most of the CFI's that I
know are not trying to build time, they instruct on a part time basis in
addition to a full time career, usually in a non-aviation area. They
volunteer their time at the local airport willing to do what it takes to
introduce new pilots to aviation, barely making enough to keep change for
the vending machines in their pockets. Just how much nonsense are we
going
to put up with? Only time will tell.