Old December 7th 04, 11:55 PM
Rich S.

"zatatime" wrote in message

You'd have to check with the State DOT for a true definition, but the
working definition is any designated public or private heliport, or
airport within the state.

As with the word "approved" - your definition just substitutes the word
"designated". In order to be meaningful, one needs to know how, by whom and
by what authority. I read Gia's excerpts and it's clear that the NJ state
government has usurped the Federal authority in this area - not that this is
anything new for a state government.

We have much the same type of ordinance in the area I live. A few years ago,
the county decided the sheriff's deputies were getting confused about the
"No Shooting" boundaries and found it difficult to enforce. So, they just
made the whole area out of bounds. If one reads the wording though, it
allows shooting in "designated shooting ranges". They failed to define what
constitutes a shooting range and didn't set up procedures for designation. I
think I have a sign on the property someplace that warns trespassers they
are entering a designated shooting range.

I hate beanery lawyers, but sometimes the stupidity of municipal, county,
state and federal burrocrats leaves one no choice. Most times, the wording
of the law makes little difference when it comes time to go to court. The
judge will interpret however he/she wants.

None of the above should be construed as criticism of any of our wonderful
appointed or elected officials.

Rich "Toe the line" S.