Old February 13th 06, 01:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Floats on small aircraft

wrote in message
roups.com...
I want to get a small float plane to fly from my lake to salmon streams
abt 20-40 miles away
in Ak. Land on the lakes or mouths and fish for Kings and then fly back
to my lake. Flight time prob abt 20 min one way.

wld i be better off:

1. just buying a supercub
2. buying a cessna
3. buy a fox built kit
4. Build a fox float kit

Hope someone can comment on this question -

5 Which kit wld be the best for that use? Short hops hauling several
hundred lbs + 1 or 2 passengers.

I have private liscense but not float rated yet but am retired and
ready for fun.

Are these questions too open ended?

Blueraven

The only plane on your list that meets your stated requirements is a
cessna. At least a 182 more likely a 185. If you want to build
consider a murphy moose or a bearhawk. Since all you want to make are
short hops you could reconsider your requirements and use a smaller
plane making several trips.