Old February 13th 06, 02:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Floats on small aircraft

Which UL would that be that would fit the requirements of 2 + several
hundred pounds of cargo?

"Toks Desalu" wrote in message
Keep in mind that I am not the expert.

1) 20 to 40 miles away trip
2) landing on lakes or mouths

Sounds like a day trip and a lot of planes can fit into that bill. Why not
look into UL on float since it is cheaper and will do the job?

wrote in message
oups.com...
I want to get a small float plane to fly from my lake to salmon streams
abt 20-40 miles away
in Ak. Land on the lakes or mouths and fish for Kings and then fly back
to my lake. Flight time prob abt 20 min one way.

wld i be better off:

1. just buying a supercub
2. buying a cessna
3. buy a fox built kit
4. Build a fox float kit

Hope someone can comment on this question -

5 Which kit wld be the best for that use? Short hops hauling several
hundred lbs + 1 or 2 passengers.

I have private liscense but not float rated yet but am retired and
ready for fun.

Are these questions too open ended?

Blueraven