Old March 24th 09, 01:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
BeechSundowner

Default Warbirds invade Madison MS - Video

On Mar 23, 7:00*pm, a wrote:

The confusing thing is, I thought Madison was one of the most
politically liberal and anti military places in the country and
doubted such a fly in would be welcomed. I'm glad to be wrong, it's
good to know the warbirds were there and hopefully all those who were
uniforms were honored.

I wouldn't say anti military per se, but the town is anti airport and
because the hangars are historic, that saves the airport. If it
wasn't for the historical value of the hangars, the airport would be
another Midway if the mayor of Madison had her way.

And yes, I did give my thanks to every uniformed person that morning.
Their service is truly not recognized and I felt privileged to at
least listen to their war stories, literally and figuratively