Old July 20th 18, 05:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Funston[_3_]

Default Need a new axle for my eberle trailer ....

On Friday, July 20, 2018 at 7:58:53 AM UTC-7, Peter Deane wrote:
Hi All

My Std Cirrus trailer (eberle) needs a new torsion axle with a handbrake.... cant find one in US? Any one else had this problem ?

Hoping there is some experience on sourcing one of these ...

Help much appreciated

Peter Deane (2T)

I'm assuming the challenge is finding the brake hardware. It appears axles are available that could be made to work. I wouldn't expect a direct bolt on replacement, but a good fab shop could make pretty quick work of modifying a new axle. Maybe you could trade Bob K some akaflieg time for welding and engineering. If you were closer to WA, I'd be happy to help.

https://bendtrailers.com/dexter-10-3500lb-torflex-axle/

Craig Funston