Old September 14th 04, 11:26 PM
James Hart

John Mullen wrote:
"Dave Kearton"
wrote in message ...
"Ralph Nesbitt" wrote in message
om...

It is much easier on the back to walk away than to ride the EJ Seat
unless absolutely necessary. Pilots avoid taking the "Magic Ride"
due potential for compression injuries to their back. This
observation based on my ~ 40 years FD/CFR/ARFF experience.
Ralph Nesbitt
Professional FD/CFR/ARFF Type

Undoubtedly Ralph, I was being tongue-in-cheek with my earlier
comments. I wouldn't wish a non-essential ejection upon anybody.

Classic story was told on this newsgroup a few months ago, my
apologies to
the original poster who saw it happen and could explain it better
that I.

Apparently after the Farnborough crash, where one MiG 29 collided
with another during a spectacular display, both ejected and left
their aircraft,
relatively unharmed.

When rescue crews reached the pilots, who had landed fairly close
together,
the 'innocent' pilot was seen to be beating the living suitcase out
of the 'guilty' pilot.

"aaah Comrade, let me help you with your dental plan..."

Wish I was there.

I wasn't there either but from the footage it certainly does not look
like they landed anywhere near each other. Neither does any of the
footage show them 'beating the living suitcase' out of each other.

Urban myth?

Wasn't this the crash where one of the pilots was up on his feet and
lighting up a fag before the safety crews were anywhere near him? or was
that a different Russian display, er, mishap.

--
James...
www.jameshart.co.uk