Old November 14th 10, 04:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2KA

Default US Airspace and Airport Data Update

The US airspace update for the charting period effective November 18,
2010 is available on the airspace area of the Worldwide Soaring
Turnpoint Exchange, and on my website at http://www.soaringdata.info.
Airport data for the same period is also available on my website.

I have also made a couple of changes to the airport data query
facility:

- You can now optionally choose to bound the query by specifying a
radius in nautical miles from a specified center point (instead of a
maximum count).

- WinPilot -- and perhaps some other programs that use the
Cambridge .DAT file format -- can utilize comments longer than the
paltry 12 characters defined in the .DAT format specification.
Accordingly, I've made the selectable comment detail setting apply
for .DAT files as well. "Short" comment detail appears to me to work
pretty well for WinPilot. If you specify "Automatic" comment detail,
you will still get 12 character comments as per the specification.

Thanks to Ramy Yanetz for suggestions.

As always, everything on my site is free of charge and freely
redistributable.

Happy Downloading!

Lynn Alley
"2KA"