Old March 30th 20, 04:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jfitch

Default Instrumentation question

On Monday, March 30, 2020 at 8:11:26 AM UTC-7, wrote:
not sure what might be gained from this information.

My theory is that the strain gages would respond to two things

movements in the tail due to all the complicated things you mention
air mass movements

if the accelerometers only respond to the first and I subtract that, then I might get left with the airmass?

I think you will find the signal to noise ratio extremely low, so I hope you have a PHD in filtering algorithms.