Old March 13th 04, 02:53 AM
C J Campbell

"Michael" wrote in message
om...
wrote
In a similar vein, does an instrument checkride count as a BFR? I
thought it did since it added a rating to the ticket.

It does. However, an instrument instructor ride does not - even
though it is the same ride (only from the right seat).

Of course there's no reason for it - it's just our policy.

It may be your policy, but it does not really follow the regs. Yes, I know
the argument that the instructor certificate is not a pilot certificate, but
it sure gets treated as a pilot certificate for all other purposes. I also
know that the policy varies from one FSDO to another. I also know that most
examiners will sign the ride off as a BFR if you ask them to do that.