Old September 20th 08, 02:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dan[_12_]

Default VW transporter Engine?

cavelamb himself wrote:
Jerry Wass wrote:

Dear VDubber & any & all others,

A friend of mine is contemplating seriously building a Double Eagle &
has spotted what I think is a 2100cc transporter engine--it's in a van,
has 2 carbs, & I have not seen it, nor do I know how to distinguish
between the various models & sizes--I have Finch's book & also-"How to
hot rod Corvairs" on corvairs & am well versed in the differences in
them.

Could someone direct me in the right direction on this VW---
Especially a few special identifying features peculiar to the 2100cc.

Would it make a good direct drive aero engine?
Are standard parts & mild strengthening mods available..
some website links would be appreciated.

Wass biplane---50% done & 75% to go---

BTW- the rec. metalworking newsgroup has gone ape s#@t over
politics--You cant find out anything over there--hope us aeroplayners
don't do the same..Jerry

53 more shopping days...

Then they start for the 2012 election cycle.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired