Old December 24th 05, 05:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default RNP demo at DCA

In article V6erf.15676$LB5.15227@fed1read04, wrote:

Most of the USAF aircraft aren't new, and the USAF is doing a lot of
upgrades to a lot of aircraft, not just special-use.

I don't know much about what the USAF is doing other than a Lt COL who
is at their instrument procedures group told me that performance-based
RNP procedures would be limited to a small segment of USAF aircraft. I
don't know what he really meant by that.

Not a lot of USAF aircraft have RNP capabilities (especially RNP-1, RNP-0.3,
and RNP-0.1) yet. Perhaps the LTC was talking about present equippage
or very near-term.

C-5, KC-135, C-17 are all getting RNP capabilities.

C-130 development program for CNS/ATM, to include, RNP-4 and below,
has been delayed.

E-3 and E-8 will likely be upgraded

--
Bob Noel