Old August 19th 03, 06:37 PM
Bruce A. Frank

Gee, BOb, I don't "KNOW" I have just received a simple explanation. Some
of the guys here are intimately involved with assembly of aviation
engines. I am not

Barnyard BOb -- wrote:

"Bruce A. Frank" wrote:
The method that I have used on automotive engines is to take an old
distributor shaft with no cam gear on it. Remove the distributor from
the engine block, chuck the old shaft in a 1/2 drill, stick it down the
shaft hole until it engages the oil pump and spin away. I have been able
to develop full oil pressure on new engines that way. Would a similar
concept work on a magneto shaft hole?

Cy Galley wrote:

In a word NO!

"Bruce A. Frank" hypocritically? whines:

Cy,

We are all here to learn...well some of us are. Do you know have the

.................................................. ...................................^^^^^
energy to elaborate as to why? Or do you just enjoy being abrupt?

I do know the answer now because Veeduber went to the trouble to
privately email me and explain the differences between the engine
designs. You had a chance to enlighten others here on RAH. I am sure
there would have been one or two who would have appreciated a more
complete answer.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sheesh.
And now, you just fumbled the knowledge ball, too,
for those who awaited a more complete answer.
Where is YOUR concern for the anxious masses,
yearning to be 'enlightened' and free of ignorance?.

FWIW....
I would have done the same as Cy with a simple NO,
but that is expected of me... but, not YOU. sniff
I guess the world really is going to hell in a handbasket.

P.S.
No need to tell me why the answer is 'NO'.
I already know.
But, you know that.... NO?

Barnyard BOb -- now, what part of no doesn't anyone understand?

--
Bruce A. Frank, Editor "Ford 3.8/4.2L Engine and V-6 STOL
Homebuilt Aircraft Newsletter"

While trying to find the time to finish mine.