Old May 9th 07, 05:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ross

Default Burglary

NVArt wrote:
Had the dastardly happen a couple nights ago. Garmin 196, two David
Clarks, eyeglasses. In my hangar, too.
Looks like a pro job. No vandalism apparent. Plane was unlocked with
key in ignition. And left that way by perp(s).
The question: Would any of you have an A&P do a thorough check of the
bird or would do as I think I might and just do a more than usual
preflight?

Several years ago we had breakins at our local airport. The FBO stayed
at the airport one night and caught the guys in the act. Young kids with
a prower nut driver taking out the sheet metal screws, gettting in the
hangar and then putting it back together. One kid was already out on
probation for breakins. They all got more probation. Love the legal system.

--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP