Old April 24th 14, 01:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default New LXNAV Nano 3 Overview Video

Hi,

In addition to your comments below:

The Nano 3 also displays airspace - which the Colibri II does not do.

The battery in the Nano 3 last much longer (13 to 25 hours depending on
screen saver settings) than the battery in the Colibri II.

It is easy to enter a task into the Nano 3 using the user interface on the
unit. The current task is used for the task declaration in the flight log.

I suspect that the 4 buttons on the Nano 3 will be easier to use in flight
than the Colibri II's rocker switch. But I haven't flown with a Colibri II
yet - so I don't know that for certain.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
____________________________

"waremark" wrote in message

What are the pro's and con's compared to the Colibri 2? So far as I can see
the Nano 3 offers backup moving map navigation which the Colibri 2 does not,
whereas the Colibri 2 doubles up as a Flarm display. Are there other
significant differences in functionality?

The Nano 3 accepts declarations and can download flights by Bluetooth from
an Android device or by USB, whereas the Colibri requires transfer of a
fiddly micro-SD card?

Have I got this right? Are there other significant differences?

On Wednesday, 23 April 2014 13:08:16 UTC+1, Paul Remde wrote:
Hi,

I have just uploaded a new LXNAV Nano 3 Overview video he

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG6zwEtCs9k

Details on the LXNAV Nano 3 are available at:

http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/lxnav.htm

It was fun learning everything about the Nano 3 while creating the
overview

video. It is an amazing little IGC approved flight recorder. It is very

easy to use and full of neat features.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde

Cumulus Soaring, Inc.