Old March 21st 20, 02:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
john firth

Default Solo 2350D won't start

On Friday, March 20, 2020 at 6:42:42 PM UTC-4, BillT wrote:
Our Duo's turbo has suddenly stopped working. It spins up ok at 55Kt when decompressed & continues windmilling when the decompression is released. The engine starts after 2 - 3 seconds, runs for 2 seconds then cuts out. After 1 - 2 seconds it starts again & the sequence is repeated. It's as if the rpm cut out is operating (which happens if the revs exceed 6500) but I'm certain that's not happening & have been careful to ensure the speed doesn't exceed 60Kt. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks, Bill

I have made new diaphragms for a Mikuni pump from 5 mil mylar (artists supplies)
Use the cast plate as a template and melt the screw holes with a soldering iron.
JMF