Old February 12th 04, 03:30 PM
Fred the Red Shirt

(B2431) wrote in message ...
From:
(Fred the Red Shirt)
Date: 2/10/2004 3:41 PM Central Standard Time

Agreed as far as that goes. However kerry testified in Congress that the U.S.
military was deliberately committing "attrocities" as policy. He provided no
proof. THAT is providing comfort to the enemy.

When a person testifies before the Congress that person does not get
to choose the questions he will be asked. He can choose to answer
them truthfully, or to commit perjury. AFAIK, unlike the courts,
the Congress has always accepted hearsay testimony, and opinion.
For instance, whether or not the use of napalm is an attrocity is
a matter of opinion. At the time, many other nations had abandoned
the use of incindiery weapons, being of the opinion that such use
was an atrocity and violated prohibitions against weapons that
caused 'excess suffering'.

Thus far, no one has made a claim that Kerry alleged he had witnessed
acts which he did not, only that he believed that they had taken place.

As far as I am concerned he stabbed us all in the back.

If he did his best to tell what he believed to be the truth then
he did his duty befor the Congress.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

I was born a year too late to be drafted, and never volunteered to
serve in uniform. Those of you who have, have earned my respect
and gratitude many times over. That includes Kerry. I appreciate
that you may not like the idea that I think of you in the same way.
That is unfortunate, perhaps even ironic, as it is the sacrifices
you made that kept me free to voice that opinion.

--

FF