Old December 23rd 10, 02:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting
Ari Silverstein

Default iPhone or iPad VFR GPS

On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 18:36:04 -0500, A L wrote:

I am hesitating between buying the iPhone 4 and the iPad (or else?) to
use as a VFR GPS. One of the attractive feature of the iPad is the
larger screen but it is also one of the drawback... Apparently the
iPhone has an internal Gyroscope which the iPad does not have (might be
added on the iPad 2..) but the iPad has apparently better GPS reception.

I will use this primarily for web browsing,

Need more info here? Anonymous? Private?

in-flight GPS

Can you see the GPS on a Iphone?

and reading
plates. I would not use this for phone, mp3, etc,.

What is most important? GPS?
--
A fireside chat not with Ari!
http://tr.im/holj