Old December 5th 03, 02:11 AM
Tarver Engineering

"Mary Shafer" wrote in message
On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 23:11:57 -0700, George Ruch
wrote:

I remember what may be the same picture, a DC-9 fitted with a

high-bypass
turbofan, and multiple scimitar-shaped fan blades extending from the
first-stage fan. Damned if I can find it now, though. Nothing like it

so
far on the NASA Dryden site. Any other ideas?

We put ours on the spine of the Jetstar and drove it with bleed air.

That DC-9 you recall probably belonged to GE, which has a test
facility in Mojave.

GE red hats from North Base did the UDF and the GE90. IIRC there is only an
artist's rendering of the UDF on an MD-80, while the engine actually flew on
the flight test 727-100 that lives at Mojave.