Old August 29th 03, 10:19 PM
Ogden Johnson III

"Doug \"Woody\" and Erin Beal" wrote:

"Ogden Johnson III" wrote:

"JD" wrote:

Oyster, here.
This note is to share with you the exciting night I had the other month. It
has nothing to do with me wanting to talk about me. But it has everything to
do with sharing what will no doubt become a better story as the years go by.
So....

Prolly a pretty good yarn. But, after 60 years my brain is canalized
for normal line character lengths of ~65 or ~78 [8-1/2" W page, 1"
margins, Pica or Elite respectively], and your format-flowed is
flowing across my 19" monitor at 1024 x 768 at about 2 or 2-1/4 times
that. My eye can see it, but my brain gets tired of trying to make
sense of it.

Worked fine on my machine.

I haven't ever gotten around to telling Eudora to can any incoming
format-flowed emails and wrap them at 70. In fact, I've forgotten how
you're supposed to do it. So what you saw as the four lines you
quoted, I saw as two lines:

"This note is to share ... everything to do with sharing
what will no doubt ... years go by. So ..."

I wasn't ready to wade through 581 lines at that length. At least not
without a few drams of Lagavulin or Laphroaig close to hand to ease
the eye and brain strain.

OJ III